As written in the post ‘The Pink stays at Remington’, my hair was FRIED, after I went to a salon, trying to get the remainder of pink hair color out of my hair.
This is the situation of my hair;
- I had dyed my hair dark brown for seven years, and my hair was long, beautiful, thick and healthy
- I tried going back to my natural blonde hair color with perhaps some highlights
- I made the mistake of NOT going to the hair salon, and bleached it myself, about 3-4 times
- After the third time, my hair was like soft rubber in the shower, and harsh Barbie hair when it was dry
- I dyed it PINK as I really wanted to, and why the F not? It filled the porous hair with something, and made it a little thicker again
- I had to dye it to a neutral color when I went back to my receptionist job, so I let the color fade, then colored it with a light brown
- As the light brown slowly faded hair fell off, I didn’t even notice other than when there would be some hairs that were short as if I had cut half of it off, randomely here and there, the hair was FRIED, thinner, dry and needed to be CUT OFF probably up to my ears.
- I refused to cut it to let it grow out healthy, I thought, I’d rather have thin but long-ish hair than short healthy hair. So I let it grow out and left it, no dying, no highlights nothing.
- I moved back to Hawaii and dyed my hair pink, after a few months with pink hair, my hair was getting thicker, longer and stronger.
- I let the pink fade as much as I could, and went to a salon to get the rest of it out and make it blonde for a play I am doing, and KILLED IT ALL OVER AGAIN.
The result was pretty bad and I had Barbie hair again, my husband couldn’t really touch it because its so fragile, and anyway, pretty unpleasant to run your fingers through. The good thing about having damaged porous hair is that it takes two seconds to style it. (styling it also make it look healthier/shinier as you can see in the picture, it provdes a healthy illusion)
The only hairbrush I can use is this WONDERFUL relatively new invention, the Tangle Teezer hair brush, a UK hair stylist invention. I loose hardly ANY hair, and it gets through the tangles really well. It’s just amazing. I bought this Hask Placenta hair treatment thing at Walmart, and followed the treatment instructions. It was pretty good on it’s own, it definitely brought some moisture.
I also purchased a regular Restoration conditioner from Loreal, to leave in my hair. I wash and rinse my hair as normal, then after towel drying it squirt an improvised amount into my hand and rub it into my hair, especially the tips, just to let it dry naturally with some moisture in it. Some nights I even soak it entirely in the conditioner and wrap a scarf around my head and leave it overnight. The Moroccan Argan Oil is obviously great, but I’ve only had the hydrating styling cream, which is really good, I use it the same as the conditioner, but also in the roots, so it provides root-lift and styling options etc. But THIS – is the gamechanger! You’ve probably read about it all over the internet, but if you haven’t tried it yet, DO IT FOR GODS SAKE IT IS AMAZING. Just on it’s own it’s fantastic, but I poured some into a bowl with one vile of the placenta treatment thing and mixed it up. I soaked my hair in it overnight, did a THOROUGH rinse in the morning with shampoo and all that, then BAM. Let it dry naturally, and it FELT SOFT AGAIN! NO MORE HORRIBLE BARBIE HAIR! It feels human! And even soft! Smooth, and its naturally shiny! No straitening or curling required! It feels stronger The tips haven’t magically fixed themselves but they look and feel LOTS better, like a normal persons split ends, instead of an idiots Dead hopeless case hair. Even my stud husband was so pleased, the romantic sensual act of running fingers through hair is back in the game! This was just after it dried, it was (and still is this morning ) super soft, shiny and smells GOOOOD of course! and this is after ONE nights soak with both together. I am going to keep doing it and see for myself how much better it can get! I have to style it for the show each night now which is bad, I am using heat protective spray, but it’s still not good, so I will do this at least once a week.
The first time I tried the coconut oil I had problems rinsing it all out and had oily hair all day. this morning however I jumped in the pool fr a swim and THEN had a shower, rinsing it thoroughly. So, I hope you are able to get it out if you try this.
Just thought I’d share my Coconut oil hair salvaging story! Imagining how amazing my hair would be if I had NORMAL hair… ahhh.. it feels like Angels hair…
IF you try it, Good luck, and let me know how it goes!